Friday, 21 July 2017

A little local dog walk

It's been a (generally) cold and unsettled summer so far, but perhaps that means I appreciate the warm and sunny days even more.  Monday was one of the lovely ones, and we took a slow walk through the woods at Crummock Water, had a paddle at the boat house, and an equally slow stroll back to the car.



Daisy seemed to enjoy herself; by staying in the woods and out of the sun as much as possible she didn't overheat.  I'd thought about taking swimming gear but decided I couldn't be bothered which was a mistake, I had to settle for a paddle instead.







I can only get Daisy in the water more than an inch or two by holding a biscuit right in front of her nose, and even then she's not daft and won't go very deep.



Walks on water?



Unfortunately not, just another mean trick to cool off Daisy's feet.



"Save me, Daddy!  She's trickling water over my back and I don't like it!!"






12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We were just down the road at Buttermere on the Sunday. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I bet that was lovely, but probably quite busy?

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Crummock Water, it looks lovely, and the water looks so clear and inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was beautifully clear and there were shoals of tiny fish fry zooming in and out of the shallows.

      Delete
  3. Well, she's braver than she was when she first arrived, so that is a big plus and I'm no water baby, even if I do like the seaside/lakes/rivers, etc. Well done to you both. Of course I love the pics & it sure looks warmer there than here as I type this at -2.5. Brrrrr!! Have a great weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, if it makes you feel any better about the weather, last week there was a frost warning for rural areas in Scotland .... in July .... aargh!

      Delete
  4. Getting , Daisy into any depth of water is a triumph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I know you remember how terrified she was in the early days.

      Delete
  5. Awww bless her for getting her paws wet. My Annie doesn't like water but is slightly braver than Daisy. What lovely photos and beautiful scenery. The weather is very unpredictable at the moment, we had a very bad storm on Wednesday, flooded parts of the neighbouring towns. Get out while the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, you're right, the weather is becoming more unpredictable and I am sure our climate is changing.

      Delete
  6. Wicked mummy! Heidi doesn't like going out of her depth and she's a water dog for goodness sake! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Heidi would enjoy it here :) Lots of "drinks you can sit/lay in".

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}