Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Whilst I was away . . .

That is "away from the blog", Daisy and I went away in the caravan.  Just a little trip to Ravenglass and really, I should have known better.  On the upside I was in the caravan and that is always a good thing, and the weather was very kind to us which makes a huge difference.



On the not-so-upside, I didn't really care for the site the first time I visited but as an eternal optimist I gave it a second chance.  Never, ever let me go there a third time - if I even cast a mere glance in the direction of the A595 southbound slap me hard around the head.  Whilst the site itself is OK-ish the neighbours are not.  In four nights the entire site was disturbed for three of them. On Saturday night we 'enjoyed' extremely loud garage/trance music on and off from 9.45pm until 12.45am. It was not a party - no sounds of people and the music was not continuous. It was painfully loud for 20 minutes or so, then half an hour quiet, then back on again, and again, and again.😴

At least one of us managed to get enough shut-eye, but sadly it wasn't me:





Sunday was quiet but on Monday and Tuesday night we were subjected to a drum kit and a not very accomplished player. The site manager says this had never happened before but then she would, wouldn't she?



Daisy didn't seem to mind too much and as usual, our days followed the normal gentle routine of a quick walk first thing, a long breakfast and the amusing campsite routine now known as "WTF"** followed by a long walk, back for lunch and then sit around and chill out all afternoon.  Another dog walk, supper, more sitting around, a final dog walk and then bed.  Not a bad life! 🐾 🐾













But if ever a reason was needed for maintaining the blog, today (16th May) I have been back from Ravenglass for exactly three weeks, this is the first time I have looked at the few photos I took and Management has not yet seen any of them 😞   Oops!





Messing with the label feature in ViewRanger 😊

With: 


Without: 

Porch envy - the caravan next door had the dinkiest little porch awning which was as steady as a rock in high wind, unfortunately it's a discontinued model but I continue to keep an eye on eBay.



The same people were using one of these levelling bags, something we've looked at before but not known whether it worked or was a gimmick.  After a chat with the man and a firtle around some forums Management and I concluded it had got to be easier than reversing onto ramps so one has been acquired.









(**Waste tank, Toilet Tank, Fresh Water - ha ha, you thought it meant something else entirely, didn't you)


10 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the neighbours, still Daisy was oblivious and she looks so comfortable. Lovely to see photos of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, yes, the noise spoiled the trip because it was still audible with all windows shut and ear-plugs and I don't do at all well when my sleep is disturbed :) but as you saw, Daisy was fine which is clearly the most important thing!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear why are people so inconsiderate. Is the site on anything like TripAdvisor so you could check whether people have commented on noise in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sue, I hadn't thought of Trip Advisor, not a site I ever use. I do check caravan forums though.

      Delete
  3. Loved, loved your pics. We didn't have time to stop there on our way home from your place, so your post has been well appreciated. As for the noisy neighbouring campers, they wouldn't get away with it here because of the strict laws for noise curfews. Our noise usually consists of banging doors, tent zips or a friend on an early MM club trip who snored something chronic. We never set up near him again. (lol) Thanks & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the pictures supplied today's "I miss the UK" fix! From the stories I've read on some forums about noise on campsites, this wasn't as bad as it could have been!

      Delete
  4. It's been lovely to share your break away and thank you for so many gratuitous photographs of Daisy.
    What a shame about the site. Get thee on trip advisor immediately! I've known some sites throw people off if they make too much noise, it's a shame they should spoil things for everyone else. I hope you were suitably loud first thing in the morning to make up for it. 😆
    Your caravan looks cosy and homely, and yes I did think you meant something else. I assumed it was meant in discussion of the events of the previous night. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for Trip Advisor, thanks Jules :) Trouble is, the noise was coming from outwith the site so apart from trying to get a local council to deal with the noise (as an environmental nuisance) there's not much which could be done.

      Glad you enjoyed the gratuitous Daisy pictures - I took heed when I was told off on my last post for not including Her Ladyship!

      Delete
  5. Love the photos, especially the ones of Daisy :)

    Sorry you had to endure loud music during your trip - I've only recently read about this very thing on UKCS, was it you who posted it? Not a lot to be done though if the noise wasn't on the site itself. A pity they don't take caravans at Eskdale (although that's no longer within the C & CC) as it's so quiet there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eunice, yes that might have been me having a bit of a vent on UKCS! If you remember, that's where you and I "met" :).

      We've pretty much decided no more 'club' sites (either club!) and to stick to CS's and CL's in future, that does not guarantee quiet but it might give me a better chance of it!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}