Saturday, 1 April 2017

Kielder Starcamp - the movie

If you click this link to Vimeo, one of the "regulars" at Kielder, James Mackay, has shared a brilliant timelapse movie featuring shots from the starcamps last autumn and last week.  Do click on the 'read more' to see all of James' explanation for the short film.

I cannot do a direct embed thingy (Vimeo won't allow it) but it is definitely worth going to the site to see for yourself just how magical the skies are.  As I know exactly where to look, I can even find our caravan with the 'scope outside, and it is a stern "Reminder to Self" that if we go again I really must get my camera out once it is dark.


(this is a screenshot from Vimeo)





8 comments:

  1. Those skies are gorgeous, I can see what the attraction is, 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. It's pretty awesome being under a sky that is so dark, despite knowing I am facing the right direction, I cannot make out The Plough section of Ursa Major, there are just too many other stars in the way!

      Delete
  2. It's so beautiful. I've never seen so many stars. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it Jules.
      These days I think most people do not realise just how much light pollution affects what we can see. I wonder what Lily would think if you took her somewhere with a really dark sky?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, glad it gave you some pleasure.
      "If" you knew where to look, we're on it 😊 Well, our caravan and telescope are!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous isn't it. I could stand and watch skies like that for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if I ever get tired of looking up and realising how small and insignificant we are then something's gone badly wrong :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}