Friday, 31 March 2017

Post-Kielder clean up

How can two people and one dog make so much MESS in six days?  The probable answer is spend that time in Northumberland's version of Glastonbury.  It is now Friday morning and I have only just got the house straight.  We spent all day Monday washing mud off two awnings, awning floor tiles, water containers, tent pegs and anything else we'd used;  thank goodness the weather was outstanding and we had a sunny and dry day to do the work in the garden.  In truth, it wasn't all hard work - we set up the solar telescope again and I probably wasted two or three hours gazing at massive prominences and a couple of big sunspots, and we invited a couple of neighbours over for their first ever solar viewing experience which everyone enjoyed.







M. had the excellent idea of putting up the 'difficult' awning to see if he could work out what went wrong for me.  We've concluded that a couple of extra webbing straps in certain places would have alleviated most of my problems, so they're on my 'to buy' list.






The rest of the week seems to have been spent on an endless cycle of laundry and putting things away.  Of course, there has also been the daily minutiae of shopping, cooking, walking Daisy and a couple of appointments but I still wonder where time goes?  These days it does not even have the decency to make a gentle whooshing sound as it disappears at speed . . . 








6 comments:

  1. Now you will just have to go away again to see whether you have cracked awning erection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Sue, but not any time around the Easter holidays :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, it always a bit of faff after you get home & especially for you, as it was so mucky.
    I'm another one that thinks someone has taken some hours from our days. How on earth I managed to work full time, raise 3 kids and with a hubby who was an interstate truck or bus driver & away from a lot. Oh well, I suppose this is the joy of ageing(giggle). We were going to use the van between school holidays here, but it has somehow slipped by & they are on holidays again now. We have minding duty 17-18th April just before they go back. We'll try for next school term. Have a good weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't get to take your van away Susan, fingers crossed for the next time. Hope the weekend is kind to you and people have a chance to start to clear up after the cyclone.

      Delete
  3. I sometimes wonder why we bother going away as it seems to take forever to get everything straight again. I'm glad you've got the awning issue figured out. You'll have to get Daisy to lend a paw next time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was starting to feel a bit like that Jules. What with laundry and 'stuff' that had not yet been put away we were in a right mess for far longer than I would prefer, but hey, "first world problems" :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}