It must be at least two weeks ago when, during a particularly wet week with rain every single day at some point or another (and when it did not rain it was pretty cold) I "extracted the digit" and continued to cut up the quilted green piece. On the Tuesday I created two bolster cushions, Wednesday produced four regular cushions and during a weekend I used nearly every last scrap for three large placemats and four mug mats.
Things stalled a bit after I put a binding on the placemats. Whilst I loved the contrast of purple and green, WHEN am I going to remember (and learn) that the large supply of Oakshott cotton fabric I have is really not very nice to work with? Yes it is exceptionally pretty, and yes it has a lovely feel to it, but the stuff is a slippery as a bag of irritated eels and was moving all over the place as I tried to hand-finish the binding. It was gloriously liberating to cut the whole lot off (only made each mat half an inch smaller) and use a nice stable red print which has behaved beautifully. Unfortunately it's taken me the best part of a fortnight to find time and energy in the evenings to finish all seven pieces. But now they are done and look lovely.
Even found time to make Daisy a couple of new house coats. A metre of fleece and a few inches of Velcro later . . . but Madam was not really in the mood to model this season's daywear 😀😀