Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Tree stuff

A good couple of days.  Yesterday afternoon Simon arrived with a full trailer, the contents of which needed getting rid of and I was the lucky winner.  A very generous quantity of freshly chipped birch which was the waste from whatever tree surgery job he was doing nearby.



He was back again at lunchtime today to tidy up a couple of our larger silver birch trees.











It didn't take long, and there was more chipped bark as an end of job bonus  😀



All I had to do today was stand around agreeing (or disagreeing) which tree limb got cut and where, but my hard work starts tomorrow - all the bark has to be moved but before that I have the miserable job of relocating many of the leaves with which I'd mulched the bulb bed.  Those I put down last week stayed put, but the ones which were spread at the end of January were "relocated" during the very high winds and have decided they are happier making a mess of the paths and the vegetable area 😒












9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. {{snortle}} !!! I suppose that's one way to look at it 😊

      Delete
  2. Those are shrubs? We are lucky in that the council parks dept. keeps our allotment site supplied with bark chippings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Sue, that the council have not yet started charging for them :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, those silver birches are definitely tall. Way bigger than mine in the front garden. Don't leaves have a mind of their own? We had them all over the back verandah yesterday & it isn't even autumn yet. We've had high temperatures & very windy conditions, which is scary if bushfires start up. Anyway I'll just get on with stuff inside until we get some milder days. Happy gardening & take care. Thanks for the email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, at least we don't have wildfires to think about.

      Delete
  4. I love the duvet effect that wood chip gives - love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kate. Thanks to superb help from Management we got those leaves tidied up today and the bulb bed has now been "duvet-ed' 🙂🙂. Just need to do the rest of the garden, ha ha

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}