Monday, 13 February 2017

It takes as long as it takes . . .

In Spain it is mañana, in the West Country it's dreckley but here . . . ah well, West Cumbria works to its own unique timetable which sometimes means so-bloomin-quickly-that-you-cannot-quite-believe-it and sometimes means much, much longer.

Wayne and Keith were last here working on the patio on 23rd September 2016 - and they know perfectly well that the job is not finished which is why I have still not been invoiced for two days labour and materials.  At least the rubbish has finally gone though!



It would have be nice to get rid of the builders' bag but that's half full of sand Wayne needs to complete the patio.





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Plan? What is this plan-thing-of-which-you-speak? 😀

      Delete
  2. I should contact them dreckly my dear!! Though in fairness they've probably been wise to concentrate on indoor jobs during the inclement half of the year! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up calling that 'measurement of something that can not be measured' as the Zulu Mile, which roughly translates as 'as long as it needs to be' .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just caught up on your last 2 posts, and you were certainly busy last week and did a wonderful job on the trellis and gate. Clever girl. Are they coming back to finish? Your weather seems to be a little better than it was, but my b-i-l said it was cold this morning, when hubby rang for his birthday. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, and good to get your email this morning. Not as cold as it was last week - the wind was absolutely bitter, but it's been a bit damp and dull the last couple of days.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. In an ideal world Sue, but I find it a generally unsatisfactory approach. Bribery and some gentle coercion is more my style!

      Delete
  6. I think that qualifies, as Terry Pratchett would say, as an embuggerance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, dear Mr Pratchett, had such a way with words :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh goody - so no chance of anything changing in the next decade or two?

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}