It's been baby steps in the garden this week. Finally got to the Bulb Box of Shame and found that most of the Rannunculus bulbs were going a bit mouldy . . . so I put them on the ground anyway and covered them with two inches of compost and a layer of leaves. They will either grow or not, and the mulch was going down anyway.
and it looks like I forgot to take any photographs so here's a couple of the view instead😀😀
It is lovely to finally have something finished and the bulb bed can
just "do it's own thing" until I am ready to move the Lonicera nitidia
from the New Garden and use it as a 'pretend box' border
along the back.
I had another session outside on
Thursday and in just 1½ hours managed to trim the bottom of the hawthorn
hedge which runs around our front boundary on the other side of the
gates to the willow fedge/daffodil bed. The picture doesn't do the bed
justice, it really does look quite smart now :)
There's a plan behind all this - if I move all the hardy gerenium from the Lasagne Bed where it is trying to takeover the entire universe and replant it here I'll have (nearly) weedproof groundcover and lovely pink flowers twice a year. Unfortunately Plan has always been a Four-Letter-Word at Bag End, but I'm trying to reverse that trend, wish me luck 😊