Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Random and extremes . . .

I made the lovely Kate wince yesterday when she read about my plans to cut up a perfectly good quilt top which I had just spent several hours piecing.  When I went looking for a previous example of this heinous behaviour towards perfectly good fabric I realised that I had never boasted about shared the last time I did this.  So here goes:

I think I may have sewn this top together in or around October 2014:



It put in another appearance in December 2014 - still unquilted, which is not really a surprise!



It looks (from the horrible photo backlog of last year) that I quilted it around Valentines Day during the cleaning up frenzy prior to our farewell party for Danny.



I must have really got a "hurry up" on after that because a week later there was a tiny peek of finished cushion covers



So, nearly a year later (ooops) here they are in all their (squashed and licked by the dog) glory.

 

I still use them every day and absolutely love them;  they have been so successful that this is why I'm quite looking forward to cutting up the big green piece to do it all over again 😉   It would be good if it doesn't take quite so long this time . . .













6 comments:

  1. EEK! She's at it again! (mind you I can see how deliciously lovely they are in their final cushiony goodness) Daisy - you have very good taste in furnishings (lick lick), I shall calm my beating heart and wait and see what you turn that gorgeous green from yesterday in to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I was going to have a go at quilting the fabric tomorrow BUT (great excuse here ...) the weather forecast for Wednesday & Thursday is wall-to-wall sunshine and I feel a few hours in the garden could be on the agenda. Daisy will charge around the garden trying to kill every rugby ball she can find until she's too tired to run any more and have to crash out on the cushions! 🐶

      Delete
  2. OK!!!! You win & they do look great & it's probably easier than trying to quilt small ones individually. Must give it a go one day, as that would be great for a small quantity of gifts & I've miles of leftover bindings. Enjoy your garden time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, but not trying to win anything :) I guess this is something those of us fortunate enough to have longarm machines can contemplate, but would be impossible for everyone else.

      Delete
  3. At the risk of hyperbole - OMG! Your fabric collection! I am both green with envy and slightly relieved as mine is nowhere near as large (or as well organised). I definitely have some catching up to do - hooray for an excuse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyperbole away - I often look at my stash and think the same thing (but in my case it's "OMG how am I going to manage to use all this up in one lifetime?) In my defence I used to run a small patchwork business and was able to buy at wholesale . . . no way would I have amassed this much at retail prices.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}