Monday, 5 December 2016

Here we go again

It is four or five years since the sitting room was last painted, and we have moved the furniture around at least two or three times since then.  I usually expect to wait months for a slot in Kate's schedule, but she unexpectedly had some days free so we thought "why not".  What could be more sensible than dismantling the two biggest rooms in the house three weeks before Christmas?



(note "patch of wallpaper shame" on far wall where we clearly couldn't be bothered to move a bookcase last time this was painted!)

At least we had a glorious sunrise to enjoy whilst we were taking down the curtains and blinds this morning.  One of those beautiful sunrises where gentle shades of apricot and pink spread slowly across the sky, and then all of a sudden were gone.













14 comments:

  1. You really don't do things by halves do you? It'll be lovely to have it all done and fresh before Christmas though. I'll look forward to the 'after' shot. In the mean time that sunrise is glorious. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me chuckle Jules, more than one person has suggested in the past that M and I don't understand 'moderation' !!!

      Delete
  2. "What could be more sensible than dismantling the two biggest rooms in the house three weeks before Christmas?" Nothing that I can think of... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani, glad it's not just me who thinks like that :)

      Delete
  3. I'd have done exactly the same.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You living room is certainly seeing some action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sue, hopefully by next weekend we will have (nearly) everything where it needs to be and we can stop and enjoy it all (famous last words).

      Delete
  5. OK, that is a big job & I think I've painted about 5 whole houses over the years, but some slow & some quick, but never before Xmas, though that wouldn't matter these days as we never have it here, because everyone is so far away. We do all the travelling. Hope it goes well and you have a few more of those lovely sunrises. Lucky to be able to see them from your house. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you take the caravan at Christmas, or stay with family? Perhaps if you took the van you could spend a few days somewhere with decent sunrises?

      Delete
  6. My worst experience of 'just a little house work before Christmas ' was when my husband decided to knock the plaster off the chimney breast. .... on Christmas Eve ... I'm not sure how he survived to live to see another Christmas that year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, nice . . . and let me guess, the boys were quite small at the time? Perhaps G. thought he was making it easier for Santa to get down the chimney? {giggle}

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet, it is a wonderful thing to be able to see from my windows :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}