Saturday, 31 December 2016

Going gently

This year Christmas was an exceedingly quiet time at Bag End.  We did not go anywhere, see anyone or do anything - absolute bliss.  Of course there is always something to keep me busy - looking after Daisy and lots of gentle local walks comes high on the list.  Relaxed ambles around the village lanes afforded lovely views of interesting clouds and pretty sunsets on more than one occasion.





Management seemed to chill out pretty well and spent much time engrossed in hobbies.   As he is unable to purchase a (fairly) historically accurate kit of a 3rd century Roman trireme he is making one from scratch.  Even with glasses on I can barely see the detail he is scribing into the plastic; it makes messing around with fabric seem easy by comparison.



And (At Last!!) there has been messing around with fabric.  The new furniture configuration seems to be just what was needed and I have succeeded in clearing out a lot of unfinished projects and making huge progress on one which has been sitting around for over 9 years.



The weather has been kind, mostly dry and fairly cold which enabled me to feel no guilt whatsoever about lighting the woodburner earlier and earlier each day!  Announcing 'Daisy looks cold' is no more than an excuse because I love sitting in front of the fire as much as she does.







All in all, a good Christmas, a gentle winding down of the year and a chance to recharge our batteries for the coming months.











8 comments:

  1. Ours was the usual flurry of family, punctuated by walking and the weather. But on the whole, spent nearly all of it with my boys and Moss, can't be bad :) Here is to lots of crafting and messing around with fabric! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and looks like Moss had a particularly wonderful time, I'd hazard a guess at this being her Best Ever Christmas!

      Delete
  2. It all sounds blissful, and weren't we blessed with some lovely weather? We seem to have spent most of our time off walking. A very Happy New Year to you and management and Daisy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy New Year to you too Jules. The weather has been very kind so far, makes me wonderful what January & February will throw at us?

      Delete
  3. Ours wasn't quite as quiet as that, but a day at DD's with the temps topping about 38deg. and then some "extreme" muggy days to follow, the tail end of a very severe low that swept across Oz. It left quite bad flooding in our very arid centre. Hope it is good to be fabric fiddling again & can't wait to see what it all becomes. Glad to see I'm not the only one who can pull out something from "years" ago. I've still got a couple in the WIP box. How does Mgt. see things that small, but it certainly looks intricate. Happy New Year, take care & huggles from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, it has been wonderful to geyt back to playing with fabric this holiday. I have no idea how Management's eyes can cope with things that small!

      Delete
  4. One of the things I love most about my quilting studio is my fireplace. Course, it warms up down here pretty quickly. We're expecting some cold days shortly and hanging out down here suits me just fine. Time to figure out projects for an upcoming retreat and whatever I want to work on next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, one of the things ~I~ love most about your studio is the fireplace!
      However, moving things around here means I can see our woodburner from where I'e got the sewing machine even if I am not exaactly in the same room (or as it's a bit open plan IS it the same room?)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}