Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Mid way progress

Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, darkest before dawn, going to get worse before it gets better . . . but the plans are slowly coming to fruition with the feeling that this time (for now at least!) we have the right furniture in the right rooms.

We always offer unwanted furniture to a local housing charity, normally there is a 2 or 3 week wait until they collect items.  I phoned on Monday and they arrived Tuesday morning . . .





The space which everyone else would use as a dining room, that we have referred to as the 'day room' (because we didn't know what else to call it) is now where I will sew.



The extension at the end of the house which has been my study and previously housed the longarm machine, is also going to be a sewing room - this is where all the mess will happen!



A change of pace tomorrow - after a couple of cancellations because of bad weather, LP will be here.




6 comments:

  1. Two sewing rooms! Are you going into business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Sue, the fastest way to spoil a hobby is to try and make money from it.

      Delete
  2. Oh envy envy! I perch myself by the window in our bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Hawthorn :(
      I know I am terribly fortunate to have this much space to play with.

      Delete
  3. I have just created bedlam in my sewing room and living area, trying to rearrange everything. I'm at the 'Why did I ever start this!!' phase, but I'm sure it will be worth it eventually. It just needs a lot more effort. It's so helpful to actually get rid of things, leaves more space to be used as it should be. Your set up is going to be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keryn, thanks for dropping in; am terribly behind my favourite blogs and haven't been to see how you and Mereth are recently - sorry.

      I too am at the 'when am I ever going to be organised again' stage . . .

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}