Wednesday, 2 November 2016

(Little things) Walks at Kielder




I love the synchronicity of the internet, or in this case, the "interweb" because there is definitely a web which connects us all, even if most people are unaware of it.  Yesterday I was thinking of this quote - usually attributed to Kurt Vonnegut, and then I came across it on Sue's blog whilst I was having a post-holiday catch-up.

It crystalised an idea . . . I spend too much time trying to write 'proper' blog posts (whatever the hell they are?) and not much time recording the small moments, the flashes of light which add so much to a normal day.  The idea is Little posts featuring Little things, and the perfect way to start is the loveliness of the short daily walks we took with Daisy whilst at Kielder Forest.  Not great big hikes, no new summits or great trails crossed off a list, just a couple or three gentle miles.

Quiet, safe, simple, just little everyday walks.

















12 comments:

  1. I don't try and do 'proper' posts, as my blog is more like a diary of what we've been up to, most of the time, so I like seeing, I suppose we could say, "The Bits of our Lives". I do like that fence with it's panels and oh, a viaduct. I love them, as they such feats of engineering for their time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, you'd like the viaduct, beautifully restored and very interesting. As you say, a feat of engineering and one we'd struggle to replicate today.

      Delete
  2. Is there such a thing as a proper post? I started my Wordless Wednesday just so I could share photos that didn't fit. I think taking photos makes you look,at the little things. We spend at least twice as long looking round places as people without a camera in tow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sue, no such thing as a 'proper' post, but I suppose I've boxed myself into a corner by using Bag End as a journal of our garden & house progress.

      I know how much you enjoy photography and I agree it encourages you to look at things differently.

      Delete
  3. Yes, let's celebrate the little things, they are perhaps the big things. I love the detail of the metal berries set into that stone fence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra, welcome to Bag End and thank you for leaving a comment.

      You are right, it's the little things which are often the biggest memories.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I don't bother too much about 'proper' posts, whatever they might be. I just write about my goings on and I enjoy reading real blogs and taking from them whatever I can. I've never been to Kielder so it has been lovely to see your photographs and now I am going to make the effort to go. It looks like our kind of place. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, lovely encouragement, much appreciated :) :)
      Kielder is a great place, and if you have bikes then there are loads of family-friendly cycle trails. Just be careful what time of year you go - it's Midge City in summer.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Tess, I think it is a format that will work well for me.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos Jayne ,,, pleased you've been away in Rosie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, thanks for all the lovely comments today, clearly you've been having a big catch up :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}