Saturday, 5 November 2016

(Little things) First snow

Hey Toto, we're not in Kansas any more.  Or rather, 'Hey Daisy, it's definitely Autumn and winter is heading our way at a brisk pace".

After a busy morning washing lots of Kielder-induced road muck off the whole exterior of both Rosie and my car, we stopped for a much needed coffee and a good look at the distant view.  Binoculars confirmed we could see a dusting of white stuff on the top of Pillar (at least 15 miles as the crow flies, but too murky to photograph) but closer to home it is definitely cold to mildy bitter on the top of Skiddaw.



The weather forecast promised me blue sky today but they lied, so grotty light for taking pictures and no chance of getting the solar 'scope out.




15 comments:

  1. We've just come back in from a walk and stopping to look at the view, I commented that it wouldn't be long before we see snow on top of the fells! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there you are Jules, it wasn't long before you saw some :) (even if it was a dingy photo!)

      Delete
  2. Brrrrr! Today certainly had a nip in the air and your photo just confirms that winter is definitely on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Hawthorn, east wind this morning so even colder than yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sorry Jessica . . . don't forget we're in the Frozen North so it should be ages before anything this cold gets to Duck Toweres.

      Delete
  4. A dusting of snow already! Feels a bit like that here. My hands are cold whilst typing this (nearly midday) & the temperature is about 15 & feels like 12 (so they say). It is supposed to be late Spring. I think they forgot to tell the weather fairy, but in N.S.W. they are having bushfires very early.. How weird is that for one country. Hope the weekend is a good one & I'm still not settled. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Susan, I hope the bushfires can be brought under control quickly. Sorry you are still not settled . . .

      Delete
  5. brrrrrr. must finish knitting my hat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ,,, we missed seeing the snow on the fells by one day!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}