Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Early

First thing this morning it was colder than a Particularly. Cold.Thing and I was most glad that (a) I'd covered the salad crops with fleece last night and (b) the heating was on. 

I had a brief (but bluddy cold) camera-and-dressing-gown moment outside on the balcony, and then common-sense took over and I came in and made coffee. 



It was beautiful and I remembered how much I used to love getting up early and going out at silly o'clock before everyone else was about.  I've not done that at all in the last year or so; trouble sleeping has meant I always seem to be out of bed too late and/or too tired when I do surface, but {sssssh, fingers crossed}  as my shoulder improves and I get more sleep, hopefully the getting up and going out early thing might return?

BBC Weather reckons it was minus 3 here last night, I am not going to disagree.  According to The Telegraph:





14 comments:

  1. It was cold here too last night but not as cold as -3 . I hope the snow keeps away from us too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started raining here about 3.00pm and until the light went it definitely looked like it was snowing on the tops.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Jayne although not so sure about any snow thankyou! Slightly chilly here too this morning ,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jill, if the Met Office are to be believed you might well get snow in the garden before I do :)

      Delete
  3. A beautiful photograph Jayne. It was a clear morning here and the air was so still. I can't wait for snow again this year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. See reply to Jill, she's over your side of the country . . . looks like you might not have to wait too long.

      Delete
  4. No wonder it was cold & frosty! Look at that "clear" sky. I wonder if you will get that much snow. Ah, I took a photo of the Angel of the North whilst travelling this time & will show it on a later post. Keep warm & hope the veg survive. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Raw cold all day but now pouring with rain. M. said it was snowing at Penrith when he got off the train, but it’s always colder over that side of the county.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Aril, welcome to Bag End and thank you for taking the time to comment. Yes, we're very fortunate to have this view :)

      Delete
  6. Snowing here today. Our view is not as striking as yours - excellent photo :) I'm not keen on driving in the snow, so as long as I can admire it from through a window then I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Hawthorn, I don't mind driving in snow, it's other people I worry about, usually the ones going too fast in small rear-wheel drive cars :(

      We get very little snow actually at Bag End, but if the damp dull clouds ever lift today I suspect I will see a lot of white stuff on the hills.

      Delete
  7. no snow here yet, cold though... going to get my winter tyres fitted tomorrow just in case !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Tess, and you might want them this morning - really hard frost, even the top of the big pond is frozen this morning.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}