Sunday, 9 October 2016

Painting, part-ex and a busy weekend

Another weekend of exceptional weather, not as warm as during the week but we are still blessed with almost wall-to-wall sunshine and very little breeze.  When Autumn finally sets in it will come as a horrible shock to us all :(  More than a little busy the whole weekend, much of which could not - as usual - have been achieved without endless work from Management, bless him.

It will come as no surprise to anyone that we bought LP's old trailer.  It needed two new wheels and tyres and a damn good clean but ended up costing us about a third of the price of a new one.  I think I have found a new source of stable manure; if I can tow a caravan I can definitely manage a little trailer full of muck!



I gave the new balcony steps a close encounter of the Cuprinol kind, and three coats later they look a lot better.



I made a fairly feeble start on painting the net-house.  I managed about a third of one side before Management came to take over as we both realised that painting and my shoulders cannot co-exist for more than an hour or so before problems set in :(   Completing the rest of that side took him all of Saturday afternoon and a chunk of Sunday too.  Neither of us are looking forward to doing the other side . . . but he's done a brilliant job and the frame looks even better now than it did before.







Someone supervised:



I focussed on domesticity and gave the caravan a thorough blitzing.  We are trading it in as part-exchange towards our new one and whilst I am quite sure some people would deliver the old caravan in whatever state it happened to be in, that's not our way.  I rehung the horrible shiny brown curtains and remembered exactly why I detested them and took them down in the first place!







(M. has a new very wide-angle lens for astrophotography but it is manual focus . . . and I definitely have not yet got the hang of it)

The very last of the blueberries were picked and made an extremely indulgent brunch.  We've been picking this fruit since mid-June, nearly four months of daily berries and a huge quantity in the freezer as well.  Definitely one of the best crops we've ever grown.

 








6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your daily achievements, although I'm surprised you manage to get anything done with your gorgeous looking supervisor around. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jules :) I'm not very good at sitting down - unless I've got my head stuck in a good book.

      Delete
  2. The fruit frame has certainly 'blossomed' with its new coat of paint - looks wonderful! (Hello Daisy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn, the black wood stain has done a wonderful job of hiding the fact that it is constructed from such a mosh-mash of timbers!

      Delete
  3. It's all looking good and to think I've actually seen those stairs in their raw state. With painting, it's OK at level from waist down, but if you have to reach above your head, that is when you are straining your shoulder, so thanks Mgmt for finishing for you. Ah, blueberries! I just had some from our freezer atop muesli & yoghurt for breakfast. I'll take some pics of ours in flower, though one has just finished & is now in leaf. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right Susan - twice! Yes, you saw the new steps before I painted them, and YES - I can paint low down but as soon as I have to reach above my head for more than a few seconds things go wrong! Glad you now have berries to enjoy :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}