Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Slate chippings

Walter has decided he's not going to behave like a poorly person.  He came to see us at the weekend and to my surprise, arrived today with a load of slate chippings for us.  He said he feels fantastic - it had taken him twice as long as it ought to do today's deliveries because he kept bumping into people he knew and having a good chat, that had made him feel far better than the latest cocktail of drugs from the hospital.





No sooner as we have space on the drive (the caravan is away having her annual service) than we get a delivery to mess it up again!

I have stopped being worried about the fact that four tons of stone "doesn't look like much".  I am sure it will look - and feel - like an awful lot when we have to move it all.







10 comments:

  1. Ah, yes - it's going to feel a LOT more than 4 tons when the work commences... :) I wish you strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. We are absolutely NOT going to rush to move this stone, it is not like it's going to go anywhere !

      Delete
  2. Oh it will certainly feel like EIGHT tonnes once you start moving it ... take care of your shoulders x ps I have replied to your emails, not sure Mr Google is behaving at mo though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think ~I~ am going to be stupid enough to move all this? Not this time!

      Yes thanks, have your emails, been a bit distracted this morning :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I was actually thinking of "half a barrow per day", but not starting until at least the weekend:)

      Delete
  4. That's going to take some moving. I'm with Rusty Duck on a spadeful, but maybe a little more in 1 barrow a day and a couple of extra hands would be a help. Take care & don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "a couple of extra hands would be a help"

      Too right they would, are you offering!!! (ha ha ha ha)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I agree Sue, but it will be back when we have a little more delivered - and parked as far over the other side of the drive as possible :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}