Monday, 30 May 2016

Three days, three sheds

With Kate having finished painting our furniture and us having the task of remaining walls and skirting board to do, logical sensible people would have spent the Bank Holiday decorating . . .  we are not logical and sensible.



The weather and mood came together to enable the horrible but much needed job of sorting out the sheds.  Thankfully I only have to do this about every couple of years and I have a (daft?) fantasy that when LP is no longer here and there's only M & I going into the big shed, I might be able to keep things tidy.  Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of optimism! I am far from finished and in the big shed there is still a load to do, but the two little sheds are under control, and I'll take that for now:-}







In a stupendously Ground Force moment I built decking in front of the new shed and M. fitted electrics inside, clever chap :-}



Whilst he would much rather have been in his workshop, Management did an AMAZING job and, with the aid of Red Betty, restored a large rug which had been dumped in the shed (because we didn't have a room for it) and it can now go in the Day Room - if we ever finish that painting!



There were other interludes such putting on chest waders and clearing more oxygenating weed from the ponds.  Not an ideal time to do it and I spent ages shaking all the weed to try and ensure no tadpoles got pulled out accidentally, but the best way to keep down the numbers of Great Diving Beetle is to keep down the quantity of pond weed.



Along with the daily Daisy-walk there was much relaxing with the Kindle (and much sunbathing by Little Miss Perfect), and lots of meals which looked something like this:



Whilst it is more than a little disappointing that nearly half of our asparagus plants seem to have died those remaining are cropping at a nice steady rate.

There are certainly more relaxing ways to spend a hot and sunny Bank Holiday weekend*. 


* Hot/Sunny/Bank Holiday - an oxymoron, surely?








10 comments:

  1. Oh my word congratulations, I would love to have a tidy shed. My OH just opens the shed and adds more into it. If I want something at the back I have to take out the mower, the chainsaws (2)!! the tiller, and on and on. Then I have to put it all back. I love the look of your meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a "man thing" Catherine. Management does exactly the same to his study and the garages (which are his motorbike workshops).

      Delete
  2. We only have one little shed luckily, which houses hubby's woodworking things and garden tools/stuff. Of course the double garage is a different story, but nothing of mine in there. The food looks rather yummy. Hiya Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{giggling}} what is it with men and garages? I only go in ours once a month to get a meter reading, the rest of the time I stay clear!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant progress ,,, you should see our garage ,,, David's territory ,,, need I say more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Jill.
      M. is OK in the shed (he rarely goes in there) but my problem is LP . . . that should resovle itself by the end of this summer if he does what he is threatening and moves house.

      Delete
  4. That does look absolutely delish! My kind of meal :) Bank holidays are there to be enjoyed anyway you can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently my favourite meal and with variations can be repeated at least 3 or 4 times a week :)

      Delete
  5. we spent the bank holiday in the garden, and I'm so glad we did, the rest of the week it's been freezing........... x intrigued by red betty. I think we need one of those x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought Betty a few years ago on the recommendation of a friend. Watch for Bissel having a sale at their website, she was half price :) Then do your online research to buy the proper solutions at a discounted price and you're off.

      She's paid for herself many times over. Only problem is that when full of water she is very heavy to push and pull and my shoulders really don't cope with it, so I have to wait until Management is in the mood to help out.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}