Monday, 18 April 2016

Green and peaceful

For many reasons, in the last few weeks Daisy's walks have been home-based:  she really does not enjoy being in the car, the weather has continued to be cold and damp, and as I might have mentioned before she seems to have aged quite a lot over the winter and has not wanted to go very far on her daily walk.

But this morning I decided we were going out whether she liked it or not and despite it threatening to rain we had a trip to Crummock Water.

Perhaps a break from the car has done some good because she was far less worried than usual and curled up in her fabric crate without too much of the usual stressed dribbling.  We got rained on whilst we were walking over Brackenthwaite Hows but not enough to cause misery.  Apart from an out of control pair of GSD's at the beach which Daisy did not like at all (why the **** can't people keep their dogs on leads if they know they will not behave around other animals?) we had a lovely walk, very peaceful and gentle.

And green, beautifully verdantly green :-}











I'm not a great lover of cattle, but these Belted Galloway calves were so pretty and all around lambs are growing really fast.







And finally, back at the car, Daisy even managed to lay down whilst I sorted out damp coats and shoes.  Recently she has been bolting straight into her crate where she starts shivering in her "I've decided I hate the car, stop torturing me" mode.










14 comments:

  1. You certainly live in a lovely part of this country - it's a shame we don't always have the lovely weather to go with the scenery.

    Love the photos, my favourite is the 5th one down, I think it would make a lovely calendar picture. I like the one of the cattle with the mountains in the background too.

    The weather here over the last few days has been glorious, great for dog walking, and on Sunday I took my two for a walk along a local disused canal. It's several years since I last went along there and I'd forgotten how nice it is - and so peaceful too. Once I'd got away from the car park I only saw one other person of all the time I was out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks Eunice, you're right - we certainly don't always have decent weather up here!!

      Glad you and the girls have been able to get out and have some quality quiet time.

      Delete
  2. Lovely walk Jayne and have you thought that Daisy may suffer from SAD and doesn't like winter very much. We also saw newborn lambs whilst away even though it is autumn. Great photos and the mossy walls look so textural and velvety. Thanks for taking us and take care. Huggles Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Susan, Daisy just hates damp and cold - not surprising if she was a stray during a particularly cold and wet October before we got her.

      You're right, the wood was very textural and tactile.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. The moss is the most vibrant shade of green.

    Lovely to see the "Belties" in their home ground. We have a few grazing on the New Forest near to us. Pretty cattle but they can be a bit grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DW, as far as I'm concerned 'grumpy' is the default setting for all cattle and if you have a dog with you then that escalates to somewhere between Defcon 4 and 5.

      Delete
  4. Lovely walk and what beautiful photographs. I can almost smell the damp earth. Daisy is a gorgeous dog, she must bring you a lot of pleasure. I do miss mine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on Jules, that gorgeous earthy, peaty smell!

      Daisy certainly is a super girl, but like all four-legged family members occasionally forgets that she's the dog and I'm (supposedly) in charge. Love her to bits!!

      You will always miss those who are no longer with us, they leave pawprints all over our hearts :-{

      Delete
  5. People who don't appreciate that not everyone wants dogs running up to them annoy me too. The problem is determining whether they are going to be friendly - Tivvy hates it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I think Tivvy and Daisy have a lot in common :-}

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures - well done with Daisy, I use a herbal remedy to help de-stress animals - I will email you with details - we have excellent success with it. Other folks dogs can be a major bone of contention when out walking. Last Saturday, whilst sitting quietly eating our lunch mid walk, a dog walker, his wife and their dog walked by and the dog leapt all over me, made me muddy and tried to check out my lunch - and the owner just yelled the dog's name and hurried away - no apologies, no lead, grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn, lovely email :-}.

      Definitely agree about being 'invaded' and muddied, drives me nuts. One of our neighbours has an out of control Border Terrier who tries to leap all over me and clearly does not understand 'no'. But the owner is a complete idiot so what chance does the poor dog have?

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I hope we can do this walk together sometime :-}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}