Saturday, 26 March 2016

Absolutely naff day

I am loath to say "typical Bank Holiday" but today has been quite horrible and we feel very sorry for anyone who has come up here for an Easter holiday; high wind and rain all day, and very cold too.  Daisy was only prepared to venture outside for the most essential of toilet breaks and who can blame her?

Whether it was tiredness from yesterday (which was the 4th day with LP in the last eight . . . must get blog up to date!) or a hangover from the cold/bug that has been lurking around for the last month but I spent nearly all day dozing on the sofa.

So as I have nothing nice from the garden or the fells to show for an Easter Saturday, it is a chance to sort through a few miscellaneous pictures which have been loitering in the 'unprocessed' folder for too long.


A rare moment to sunbathe:



Not waiting until the quilt was trimmed or bound:



The guy who owns this field always manages to cut the hedge just at the right time to ensure none of the hawthorn can flower :-{



Not nearly enough of this over the last few months





At a friend's farm with a long lens so as not to disturb the new mums.










11 comments:

  1. I have been in the greenhouse all afternoon with the door firmly closed. At times it felt like it was about to take off with me in it. And I must get Mike to fix the leaky roof..
    An evening on the sofa beckons. Daisy has the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today we've had sun (rarely), wind, rain, hail, sleet . . . you are braver than me being in the greenhouse when it is like that.

      Enjoy your evening :-}

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos and love the one of Management and Daisy comtemplating the view. Hope you can shake that cold. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Just glad we've passed the Spring Equinox and there will be more light for the next few months.

      Delete
  3. We've managed to keep out the worst of the weather, resorting to doing inside things. At least the rain is only in short sharp showers and not prolonged. The wind is bitter I do agree - think Daisy has the right idea - a good spot to sunbathe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely a weekend for indoor stuff.

      Delete
  4. We've managed to keep out the worst of the weather, resorting to doing inside things. At least the rain is only in short sharp showers and not prolonged. The wind is bitter I do agree - think Daisy has the right idea - a good spot to sunbathe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weekend of much inside things here too, although Daisy and I had a good walk by the river yesterday, and another this morning.

      Delete
  5. I used to drive by a 'roadside nature reserve' on my way to work and was horrified when the grass was cut whilst the bluebells were in full flower. I complained to the council and the reply was that they didn't know who was responsible for cutting it and that was that! What a shame about the hawthorn - no flowers/no berries and depriving the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the **** can your local council not know who was responsible for cutting? Clearly your local authority is staffed with the same idiots as ours.

      Delete
  6. ooh lambs! I hope they are warm enough x

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}