Monday, 22 February 2016

Whoops, rather a lot of catching up to do

Bad Blogger :-}

I really didn't mean to abandon the blog for the last three weeks.  For once it is for a good reason which is that I have been so bloomin’ busy recently that “something” had to give, and that something was spending time on the computer.  The original techno-junkie has hardly touched her PC in the last month.  Not only have I not been updating Bag End, but for some reason I have completely stopped reading other blogs, which comes as a complete surprise to me. . . I usually look at a dozen or so different ones each day. 

But the good news is that I am longarming again - HURRAH!!!  And once I put one top on the machine in early February it was apparent that the best way to conquer my confidence issues was to keep going… so I did, and quilted all six panels for the caravan, plus three other tops! 



The following week we had builders back to knock down a partition wall in the bedroom which was accompanied by my near-meltdown as they gaily wielded hammers instead of brains and caused 1000 times more mess than necessary.  The finished plastering is, however, superb and plans are in place for the other horrible fitted wardrobe to be removed sometime in March.  Now we know how the partitions were barely fixed to the walls and ceiling the next phase will be much easier and far less messy.



And then we’ve had my dear friend and neighbour Danny - who, at 90+ years old moved today to be nearer his daughter, I shall miss him terribly.   Spent quite a bit of time with him in the last month culminating in a party yesterday afternoon at our house when nearly 30 neighbours all brought a plate or two of goodies to an Afternoon Tea and we had a lovely few hours together.  “All” Management and I did was clean the house and move furniture around but we were rather tired, as you can imagine.  On the upside, I have now have beautifully Spring-cleaned house :-}



And there was the complete sitting room makeover (thanks to the new quilts) which I suddenly felt compelled to undertake before the party - which also included making a load of cushion covers, rather pleased with myself :-}



Oh yes, and our decorator arrived at 8.30 this morning to paint the kitchen walls which reminds me I never published photos of how absolutely gorgeous the units looked when she painted them last September.



And there is always M. and Daisy to look after, and my own health to continue to try and get on top of.


No wonder the computer has been gathering dust.

I've got an awful lot of catching up to do!    Phew . . . . .





12 comments:

  1. I wondered where you'd been hiding. Glad all's well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:-} Not so much hiding as 'head down bum up, busy working away'. Bit duck-like really, ha ha

      Delete
  2. I was about to email after I posted today (also after quite a long lapse) as you'd been so quiet and noticed that Bag End had moved up a few notches, but had to get tea on the table first, so here I am now catching up with your news. Will email tomorrow. The kitchen looks great and oh dear, feathers on that quilt (giggle). Just about to read the next post, but well done with all your sewing and entertaining and the computer can wait, just as mine has done mostly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, hope your tea was tasty :-}. Yes, feathers but it is a panto (Feather Curls by Irene Steele) which stitches up beautifully. It's the freehand ones I have had enough of.

      Delete
    2. Ah, Irene is an Australian, whom I've met, many years ago and doesn't live too far from here. Her daughter does a lot of their quilting now, and I used to have that same paper pattern, but not sure whether I have it digital or not now.

      Delete
    3. It's a great pattern and one I have used many, many times. Please say 'thank you' to Irene next time you see her.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back Jayne and the kitchen looks fabulous ,,, been looking forward to seeing it finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. Sorry it's taken so long to do the pictures.

      Delete
  4. quilting is a wonderful excuse for not blogging x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Tess, and I have YOU to thank for it. Never forget it was your gorgeous rainbow log cabin which inspired me to get back to my quilting :-}

      Delete
  5. I am now the one doing the catch up! finally have MY laptop back and working again - it has been an enforced 3 weeks of limited computer usage. Your kitchen cupboards look wonderful - it is amazing what transformation a 'lick of paint' can do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawthorn. So glad you are back with us :-}. Thanks for the nice words about the kitchen, just you wait until I get round to taking some photos of the whole room now that the walls have been painted too :-}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}