Sunday, 6 December 2015

When life gives you lemons

I've spent the day in a state of mild shock, which is absolutely nothing compared to how people whose homes and businesses are ruined must feel.  I could have walked into Cockermouth to take photos of other people's misery but there was nothing to be gained from doing that, and the ground is far too wet to work in the garden even though it has been bright and occasionally sunny.

Inexplicably, Daisy went lame on our walk down the lane this morning.  Although I was only half a mile from home I felt the need to telephone Management and ask him to come and get us.  We've examined her leg but can find nothing obviously wrong although she was clearly "not herself", so she had a dose of Loxicom and spent the rest of the day snuggled into the bed under my sewing table.



The best thing for a day like today was to sew, it is how I spent most of Saturday as well.









There is a theme here.  If you were taught the same mnemonic at school as us, then Richard of York Gave Battles In Vain.  Eventually there will be about 25 Red blocks, there will be a similar number of Orange, and Yellow and .... etc.

Which are then going to be put to various uses in the caravan. 







6 comments:

  1. The water is receding over York way, stranded ponies have piles of hay, the sheep have been rescued and there has been no rain today! Hopefully similar things are happening your way too. I learnt it as ROYGBIV pronounced as roy-ga-biv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad things are better your way.

      Isn't it funny the things which stick in our brains from school?

      Delete
  2. Poor Daisy, do hope she is OK. Probably a hard time to take a vet with all the damage about. Ah, a rainbow quilt! I learnt that little rhyme at school, but always seem to forget it. I like the way Hawthorn has remembered it and that may help me too. Thanks to you both. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Management and I have just been discussing Daisy - neither of us know if there is anything physically (medically) wrong, if she is picking up on my distress, if she is just thoroughly bored because, after a month of rain, we have hardly been out for "interesting" walks.

      You are right, it would be hard to get to the vet right now, but I won't hesitate to make the effort if we identify anything specific that needs him.

      Delete
  3. Hope Daisy's OK. Love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, must have lost the notification for this comment in my email changeover :-{

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}