Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Bonus Day

Given the pounding we are experiencing this morning from 'Storm Frank' it is hard to believe that Management and LP were able to work outside from 9.00am until gone 5.00pm yesterday.  Granted there were a few unscheduled tea breaks whilst taking shelter by the log store, but everyone was delighted that after an unplanned three month break, we are finally making progress on the next shed in what is becoming  "a useful range of outbuildings" as Rightmove might say.







Did I mention the rain breaks?



And tea breaks - accompanied by a much deserved little treat








Thanks to a large halogen work light, by the end of the day the outside of a 16 foot long frame was completed.  Fingers crossed we will be able to get the concrete done next week.









8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a productive day! well done for making the most of a decent day's weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. It was touch & go in the morning and at one point LP went off to get some equipment for a 'Plan B' but in the end the weather was kind, which makes a change.

      Delete
  2. Working under floodlights, now that's what I call real dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much dedication Sue, as desperation. The steel arrived and holes for the base legs were dug in mid-September.

      Inclement weather, and a day when M and LP could work together forced a three month delay.

      Delete
  3. Glad you could get in at least one days work between these storms, but, "floodlights", as Sue says, that is dedication. Maybe they shouldn't have started naming storms and they may stay away. Did I really put all those "ay" words together? Silly me. Happy New Year and may next year bring better weather. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Susan, ever since they started naming these bluddy storms we've had one problem after another :-}

      Delete
  4. A beautiful rainbow and good progress on the building work Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I insisted they both down tools to enjoy the rainbow and the cream cakes.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}