Sunday, 15 November 2015

Proper planning prevents {insert word of choice} poor performance

It would be hard to both explain and under-estimate how much planning has gone into the process of getting my huge photo archive under control.  Planning?  Hummph - that makes it sound so grand - in reality what has been happening is a slow and gentle cogitation in the background, usually when Daisy and I were out for a walk, until eventually a workable strategy was developed.

But a miracle finally happened, the planets aligned, the gods intervened and in amongst giving the sitting room a huge Autumn 'spring-clean', doing all the laundry and ironing and finally making a start on the mending basket, in the last couple of days I have cleared through the entire photo backlog and the Bag End blog is up to date.  There's no point (to me) setting up a Lightroom catalogue when I've still got a huge backlog to deal with.



After the rain of the last week it was such a joy to see the sun again, even if only for few hours :-)

Friday morning Madam and I even managed a couple of hours above Crummock without getting rained on.






If anyone should happen to think to themself "if she can get it done so quickly why on earth didn't she do it before" then kindly keep that particular think to yourself . . .

For my own satisfaction, newly published are:

Daisy world

A flurry of early summer activity

Squirrel shelter

More composting

Whitewater Dash

July sunset

Finishing our new paths - it should have been so simple

A sewing room problem

Chapelside garden visit 

A Sale Fell garden visit

Sale Fell

Mum's holiday

A look at the willow fedge

Herb Harvest

Simple pleasures

Two determined men :-)

Archaeology dog

Another day when Daisy and I did not finish the walk we planned

Woodie

Caravan course

October sunrise

Putting a big bed to bed

Uncharacteristically organised - bulbs for next Spring

Rainbow

Fritillaria

At this rate we're going to need an Ark




All I have to do now (ha ha ha) is take a deep breath and see how many hours it will take Lightroom to catalogue my entire archive.  However long that takes, it will be light-speed compared to how much time it is going to take to add keywords.









8 comments:

  1. Well done and now I know why your blog kept appearing up and down my bloglist. When I get some time I'll take a peek at what you've been up to. Such a lovely place to take a walk. Lucky girls! Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Susan. Now you know why I haven't been answering my email - bit preoccupied elsewhere on the computer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear you are making me think about having to sort out my Lightroom catalogue to. I'm dreading it. At the moment though it isn't a good time for me to even attempt doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those jobs that I don't think you should start until you're absolutely in the right frame of mind.

      Delete
  4. Impressed ,,, lots of treat to look forward to :-) Lovely to see some sunshine over your way at last

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to read all of them Jill, ha ha, but I hope you enjoy what you do look at.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}