Saturday, 7 November 2015

Anniversaries

Not much action at the Bag End blog recently for no reason other than I've been taking this 'be kind to myself' idea very seriously!  There has been much relaxing, and chilling out, and if something does not get done - such as sorting photos for a blog post - then so what?

There has been a little activity in the garden, when the weather has permitted LP and I have worked on the big compost bins and done more general tidying up but I guess the most notable events in the last couple of weeks have been anniversaries.

Our weekend at Kielder was also our 25th anniversary,  sheesh, Management and I just spent a quarter of a century together . . .  In that time we have laughed, loved and had some resounding fights, and we are still together and I would not want to be anywhere else with anyone else.  Thank you darling :-)



Our next significant anniversary is today.  Exactly eight years since Ollie and I drove out of Hampshire for the last time.  A wonderful journey that ended up with early mornings like this:



and late afternoons like this:







By any measure, that's a damn fine view from the front garden!

We have a couple more 'biggies' coming up before the end of the month and celebrations are planned :-)








14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary for 25 years together and it's good to be with a wonderful person, I agree. Glad that you made "right" move up north and love it. More biggies coming up!! Wonder what they are? We don't do anniversaries of any kind and sometimes even birthdays are forgotten (lol). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. There was, and never has been, any question that our move was the right one. Maybe I wish we had done it ten years earlier but we are here now, which is the important thing.

      We do not go mad and overboard at celebrating birthdays and special times, but they are always acknowledged.

      Delete
  2. How lovely - it is wonderful when your best friend just happens to be your other half :) congratulations of 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hawthorn. I think we're both in shock - surely neither of us are old enough to have reached our 'silver' something-or-another?

      Delete
  3. ''Be kind to yourself'' - hear hear! Happy Anniversary both and congratulations for choosing so well all those years ago :o)
    Enjoy the rest of the celebrations this year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nic, thanks for all your good wishes (and delighted that Google is letting you comment!)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary. I can just about remember when we made it to 25 years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sue, clearly you were a child bride :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, dear girl!! Isn't it amazing how the time just zips by? Scares me to death when I realize that I clearly remember things that happened 50 years ago. How in blazes did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't possibly be old enough to remember things 50 years ago, ha ha! Thanks for the congratulations.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos Jayne and a belated Happy Anniversary to you both ,,, I don't understand where the time goes either! Hard to believe you have been at your Bag End for 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, thanks. Great to chat with you today - forgot to ask, if I have been at our Bag End for eight years, how long have you been at yours?

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}