Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Pottering

The last couple of weeks I have mainly been . . . doing very little.  However, on the rare occasions I've been out of bed at a reasonable time the reward has been sights like this.



The rest of the time there has been pottering and putzing which is very satisfactory :-)  In keeping with my intention to take it easy a bit easier than usual there have been gentle walks down by the river with Madam and much reading of the Kindle whilst sitting in the caravan with a cuppa.  I've also been developing a whole new set of meal plans based on a very low carb diet (helps the blood sugar control).  LP has been away and I have just not been in the mood to mess around in the garden.  In truth, my shoulder has been hurting like h*ll which keeps me awake, and it is taking longer than I would like for my knee to recover from the thumping it got in the middle of September (strewth, it's really been THAT long?);  much of the time I've been too tired to accomplish more than look after Daisy, keep on top of the laundry* and make supper.

* either we are the dirtiest or cleanest people around, I can never work it out? 

This morning Little Miss Perfect and I had a lovely 2 ½ miles to the seat at Fangs Brow and back again.  I tried telling her that there are not many puppies whose "local dog walks" look like this but she was busy sunbathing and not listening.










9 comments:

  1. I don't blame you - like a good potter too. Daisy really is a poser and she smiles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I confess that 'gentle pottering' is not something which comes naturally to me and I'm really having to work at ignoring all the stuff which "has to be done" (clearly it doesn't . . . ).

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and glad you are taking it a bit easier. Daisy sitting on the stile is great. I'll email later today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Glad you are enjoying the photos - I'm not really trying to spend all your money and get you to book plane tickets for next year :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful skies. You look like you two have been walking near where we were on Saturday!! (gorgeous views) Do you have any idea why there are fish in Rydal caves?? Take care of your knee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Hawthorn, thanks for visiting again. We were further west than you, Fangs Brow is above Loweswater, the two big fells in the bottom picture are Whiteside and Grasmoor.

      The fish probably got to Rydal as eggs on the feet of birds, but no-one can really say for sure.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunrise Jayne and the photo of Daisy sunbathing is priceless ,,, I do that too! Grey, damp and chilly here this morning and it was the same yesterday until around half two ,,, I want that glorious Indian summer back. Was planning to go up to Ravenscar when we got back from Scotland but the site closed at the end of September so that won't be happening. Will have to get the CC map out and see where we can go. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your plans to go away didn't come off. Must catch up soon - chat later in the week?

      Delete
  5. A chat sounds good Jayne although we may go off again later this week as I have found somewhere on the Wolds not too far away that sounds ok for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}