Tuesday, 27 October 2015

More composting

A quick glance back through the blog, and once again, astonishment that we were working on the big compost bins in August - where did three months go?



And when did LP fit steel sheeting to the inside of the newly created bin so that we could fill it with leaves and grass clippings?



This week he got the bit between his teeth and dealt with the other side of the bin set up.  This involved taking out the posts which had moved due to the weight of far too much poultry poo, replacing everything, and then creating a new bed.  The end plan is for the compost area to be pretty much hidden from view by evergreen hedging and when the shrubs are big enough I will hide a couple of bird boxes in this area.  From the point of view of our resident robins - shelter, nearby water and an endless supply of little bugs in the compost bin - should be an ideal place to raise future generations :-)
















2 comments:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}