Friday, 2 October 2015

Dos amigos

Nearly three years ago the manager of Animal Care and I bundled a very unhappy little girl into a soft crate in my car and tried to ignore her cries as we did up the zips.  Daisy (or Macey as she was then) didn't make much noise; she was too tired, too scared and too hungry.  On my journey home there was the occasional grumble and whimper and I had to just harden my heart and get up the M6 as quickly as possible.  I still wonder what on earth she was thinking.  Having been rescued in Bolton by Homeless Hounds she was transported to Lancaster where we found her.  Who knows what unpleasant journeys she'd suffered before that, so it is no surprise that she was deeply unhappy at the prospect of more car travel.



She never really did like my Honda but the Scooby seems to suit her much better and she has to be restrained from jumping in before the back is fully open (it's one of those automatic thingies).  I guess by now she realises that nearly all trips in the car now end at rather nice places:-)







As she made that scary journey our little girl could have had no idea what sort of life was ahead of her.  Does Little Miss Perfect now realise just how privileged she is that THIS is one of our local dog walks? 







12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dani, it's not just Daisy who is lucky - I'm not doing badly either :-)

      Delete
  2. One very lucky girl indeed. Maybe you could adopt humans too, so they can have those very special walks (giggle).
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Susan, the lucky girl is curled up under at feet, under the desk. Cold and foggy this morning and she has not interest in going in the garden.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe it is nearly three years. Where does the time go. But she is so lucky. I was born in Bolton and I prefer the Lakes so she must be so happy to be away from the town and in the countryside. Lucky lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Catherine, the time has absolutely sped by. We regularly tell Daisy how lucky she is :-)

      Delete
  4. Love her expression (and ears!) She does have a lovely area for walks - lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawthorn, welcome to Bag End, lovely to have you here. Madam does have ridiculously big ears with which she communicates, sometimes more successfully than others :-)

      Delete
  5. I wonder whether she remembers anything of her past - I hope not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I would love it if she did not remember her previous life, but I wouldn't put money on it. There are certain little behaviours which make us think she does have memories - and remember, we don't know exactly how old she is, so who knows how many years she was with her previous people before we found her?

      The important thing now is that she is spoilt rotten, and cared for in the very best way we possibly can :-)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}