Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Customising

Surprisingly few caravan related posts since our Lovely Lunar arrived at Bag End but we've not been completely idle. A small amount of customising has sorted out wardrobe and under-bed storage.









The drawer unit finds itself in the basement room replaced by a custom-made cushion from a local upholstery firm.





Although events and life have conspired to scupper two attempts to go away for a trial weekend we have slept in the van (and cooked breakfast).  With the indulgence of pure wool duvets and mattress topper it's a sound and thoroughly lovely night of ZZZzzzzzzzs.



Extra hooks in lots of places :-)



We've worked hard to ensure Daisy is relaxed and happy in the van, think we've succeeded.   MUST make a start on the new curtains.



After The.Great.Magnolia.Removal it was a surprisingly easy task to reposition the caravan which looks much, much better tucked into the side of the drive. 




8 comments:

  1. We have just sold our first caravan, so I'm very envious of all your beautiful additions to yours. I hope you enjoy many holidays/short breaks away in it. ( I also hope we buy another caravan one day) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thank you for taking the time to say 'hi'. Do you have definite plans for another caravan or are you still at the wishing and thinking stage?

      Delete
    2. Hoping to move house. Once we are setlled we are definetely going to buy another one.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jayne the caravan is looking great. You said you used a wool duvet and topper. How long have you had them as we have had a merino wool quilt for a year now and it is only 4.5 tog equivalent and it is fabulous. We use it winter and summer and have bought a heavier quilt in the same material but have never needed to use it. Do you know where your first caravan trip will be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Catherine, we've only had the wool bedding for a month but are so impressed we bought a set for the house as soon as we received the caravan stuff. We bought the 'double' duvets which are two layers so warmth level can be varied. Combined with the mattress topper and matching pillow I am sleeping better than I have done for years :-)

      I'm sure you'll appreciate if I don't say in advance when we are planning on being away in the van. Would be lovely to her directly from you if you want to use the 'contact me' thingy over on the right-hand-side.

      Delete
    2. oops, that should be "hear from you". I blame today's painkillers!

      Delete
  3. Just on catchup with your ramblings and oh,what on earth have you done with that arm. I do hope it'll will be OK. The caravan is coming along nicely and full of quilts I see. Hope you get to use it before the winter sets in. That little coffee shop looked lovely. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Susan, despite appearances to the contrary all is well here :-) Thanks for caring.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}