Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Coffee

Friends know that I'm rather partial to decent coffee.  I will cheerfully drink Nescafe if that's all that is available but left to my own devices I would prefer to select just the right beans, grind them myself and brew a strong, rich espresso with a thick crema layer. So it is not surprising that I don't rush to Costa, Starbucks or any of the other one-hundred-and-eleventy-seven coffee shops that litter the high street.

But with an hour to kill in Carlisle this afternoon I headed to John Watts & Son.  Tucked down a side street, it is both wonderful and amazing that the business survives in the 21st century.









The coffee is pretty good too :-)










7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous shop, bet it smells good in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can smell that place now, all the way over the pond!!! Heavenly place, you lucky girl. So, when are you going back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I can smell that place now, all the way over the pond!!! Heavenly place, you lucky girl. So, when are you going back? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get to Carlisle very often, but it's definitely on the 'must go to' list whenever I do visit.

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of good coffee. I love good coffee. We bought a new grinder recently and are working though good coffee beans to see which one we like. Though we only drink it on a Sunday morning when we can relax and enjoy it. Next time we get to Carlisle we will look out for this shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, didn't realise you were close enough to visit Carlisle. It is easy to find, Bank Street comes off the main pedestrian area opposite M&S.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}