Friday, 4 September 2015

Caravan course

Towing our new caravan in a (relatively) straight line up the M6 is all very well, and having a motor mover makes getting it into position much easier but there will always be times when you have no choice but to reverse the car with a 7 metre long white box attached to the back.

Thank heavens for a one-day course run by the Caravan Club.  It meant a horribly early start to get from Cumbria to Consett, County Durham before 9.00am but was definitely worth it.  The course was hosted at Elddis Caravans and included a tour of the factory which sadly did not allow pictures, but I was able to take photos of the massive 'car park' with hundreds of 2016 vans and motorhomes waiting to be sent out to dealers, and of container loads of component parts waiting to be assembled.  Quite surreal seeing a bin full of caravan backs, or showers.













The course was brilliant and definitely worth the effort.  Reversing isn't the easiest thing I have ever done, but it is not the hardest either either, just another new skill that needs loads of practise :-)









4 comments:

  1. You are MUCH braver than me! I love caravanning....but the thought of towing never mind all the rest that goes with it - shudder! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not brave Hawthorn. It is a case of 'needs must'. I don't want to have to rely on Management being available to drive me where I want to go, and HE doesn't want to have to be responsible for all the towing. There were four people on this course - three were ladies :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Jill, no point me telling you to stop being a wimp and have a go yourself, is there? LOL !!!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}