Saturday, 20 June 2015

By jove, she's finally done it.

I was never, never going to have another dog after Ollie died but life would be so much less if we hadn't brought Daisy into our family.

I was never, never going to change my lovely Hattie Honda.  Mutterings of "you will prise the keys from my cold, dead hands" have been heard on more than one occasion when Management generously offered to get me a newer car. 

But long ago I learned never to say "never" and the slow process of finding a new vehicle began last November.  I hate changing cars but even I don't usually take quite this long.  But this morning a decision was made, contracts were signed, and next Friday we become a two-Scoobie family.

Now it's all done and dusted I'm rather looking forward to it :-)

5 comments:

  1. and I'm looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls. It will be a shock saying good-bye to Hattie :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think you're gonna love it. I keep my vehicles for years and years, too. When we sold the truck along with the 5th wheel RV, it left us with only my Prius. We're a two car kind of family so it was time to look for another one. Due to now living in the mountains now, we wanted to be sure of our transportation in all kinds of weather. After much gnashing of teeth and hair pulling, we got a new Jeep and I must say that I'm loving it. Still have the Prius, of course. It'll take you a while, but in a few weeks, you'll suddenly say to yourself "I really like this car." And then it'll have a name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFG, Living up a mountain you definitely need two vehicles, and at least one of them needs to be all-weather and capable. And yes, looking for a name for new 'member of the family' :-)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}