Friday, 1 May 2015

Prandium interruptus

Sitting having lunch on Friday (taking advantage of the massive expanse of glass installed last year) when Management's Mum suddenly said "oh, what was that" as she saw something small, brown and very fast streak past the window.

And then we all enjoyed over ten minutes of fabulous wildlife watching:-



















Lunch was cold by the time we got back to our plates.  Nobody cared.

We knew there was a weasel around and believe he/she is living in the big wood pile; a very welcome additional to the Bag End menagerie.  Weasels eat small rodents.  We have plenty of them.

Management has christened our new visitor Ronald (something to do with me liking Harry Potter ....)





9 comments:

  1. Let's hope Ronald has a good healthy appetite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's also hope Ronald has a Hermione and they make lots of little weasley's!!!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant :-) Really enjoyed these pics Jayne ,,, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I must set up the wildlife cameras and see if we can observe Ronald a little more.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how cute. I saw a weasel at Fountains Abbey in 2011. It ran across the path in front of us, so it was great seeing your pics. Good name M, as that is my late father's name. Our internet is back, so catching up. Probably lost it because of 2 blackouts over the weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, hope the blackouts didn't interrupt your packaging :-) Do you have a moving date yet?

      Delete
  4. You've got a good eye and darn fine camera, girl! Wonderful pics. No carnivores here, but far too many herbivores!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, I am so sorry your garden is still being eaten away from under you :-(

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}