Friday, 15 May 2015

Bit of a transformation

So what can you say about 15 tons of sub-base?

It was staggering to see just how fast the guys moved this stuff, the first 10 tons was down in little over an hour.  Although the photos don't show everything (and now it's raining I am not going out to take more), they've done from the bottom gates to halfway along the back of the house.

We probably need the same amount next week, although the current weather forecast means that schedule might slip.  I am resigned to the fact that it doesn't look like I'm getting the garden to myself any time soon.  In the meantime, it all looks very strange and new but is surprisingly nice to walk on.  Amazing what a difference a smooth surface makes.













We were aided and abetted by Little Miss Perfect who did not think that multiple wheelbarrows and heavy equipment were any obstacle or hindrance when it came to her favourite game of having the ball thrown the length of the garden.

















11 comments:

  1. Her ears are still growing, if I'm not mistaken..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprisingly how different just changing the material in the pathways makes it look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think it looks different in the pictures you should see it in real life :-{ Fortunately it's not finished 'cos right now I am not very happy with it.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, does it bring in dirt or is something else a problem. I know that the white chalky stiff used in paths on nature areas round us is very messy especially when it is wet

      Delete
    3. Sue, yes it was dirty when laid but a good night's rain dealt with that. The problem is that it looks a mess. The surface, although smooth to walk on, looks irregular and I just don't like it. However, it's not finished so I am not throwing my teddy out of the pram just yet.

      Delete
  3. Just popped in to see what the path looks like and now read that you're not happy with it. Maybe it has to mellow, but I'm sure you'll keep us up to date with progress. Don't stress too much, cuddle Daisy and keep your spirits up. Hope you have a better week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I'm not stressing about it (for once) because I know it can be fixed :-)

      Do you have a moving date?

      Delete
    2. Yes, Wednesday 20th. Might not have i'net for a little bit.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jayne,

    It looks similar (or at least the larger bits do) to what we put down in our new drive but we topped it off with gravel ,,, It will be alright in the end and if it's not alright it's not the end. Good luck! Jill

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}