Saturday, 30 May 2015

A Sale Fell garden visit

A tiny hamlet, Routenbeck, sits on the north side of Sale Fell.  Precipitously steep in places and not receiving any sun between November and March it is a location I would hate.  That did not stop me having a damn good look round when the owner opened this summer to raise money for the local church.  Despite the challenge of the slope, torrential water run off from the fell and wind which comes barrelling along the valley like a freight train, Andrea has created a wonderful garden here.




























2 comments:

  1. A beautiful garden considering the tough conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful but I wouldn't want to do it, the slope makes Bag End look almost flat :-)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}