Thursday, 30 April 2015

Windows, day two

I was not looking forward to Day Two.  Partly because it involved changing the window/door in the sewing room, partly because Management wasn't here.  However, over the numerous mugs of tea he made yesterday for Liam and Mark, I suspect there may have been a 'heads up' along the lines of "She doesn't cope well with mess and disruption" and today the guys were incredibly careful.

Finishing trim applied to the new sitting room windows, and the cills from last year's patio doors were replaced.  We've never been happy with them and when this was pointed out to the chap who runs the company he agreed without hesitation to change them.

Daisy copes better with all the disruption than I do :-)



Before he went to collect his Mum, Management ensured the sewing room was securely 'wrapped up' and thankfully the guys were prepared to work on this room with access restricted to outside only.  As the size of the opening wasn't being changed this was a "relatively" simple window replacement.



Remember what this room looked like when we moved in?



And what we did to improve things a little when it became my sewing room?



Now it's hardly recognisable!





But to get there we went through the usual mess and upheaval - I didn't enjoy it :-(



From the amount of water that puked out of the old frame it's clear this is a job that needed doing.





On the upside, this is the first thing I saw when the new window/door was installed.



When I wasn't making numerous mugs of tea and coffee (boy, do these guys know how to stay hydrated!) I retreated to My Happy Place and spent a pleasant couple of hours potting on seedlings.



Wayne arrived mid-afternoon and made a mess in preparation for some work Management hopes to do over the weekend.









8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Jayne. A job well worth doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, still got interior plastering and painting to deal with but we're heading in the right direction.

      Delete
  2. That window certainly make a difference in the sewing room and the rainbow must have been wonderful to see and maybe an omen that you'll use the room a little more? Like me, time spent in the garden soothes the soul. (Can't wait to get to my new one). Have a great long weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Susan, I hope that rainbow is a good omen :-) As I couldn't get out for a proper walk, being in the garden was the next best thing.

      Delete
  3. Love how Daisy has a bed in the greenhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we can't expect Her Ladyship to lay on shredded bark now, can we? Old towels are very useful :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a difference ,,, now sit back and enjoy! (Lol who am I kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. Hope you can come and see them sometime this summer :-)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}