Saturday, 18 April 2015

Hot knife through butter

The tree surgeon who brought all that lovely timber last week was 'rewarded' for his generosity by getting the job of grinding out three leylandii stumps.  With a nearly new (and freshly sharpened) stump grinder, Simon and Paul went through the stumps like the proverbial hot knife through butter.

They worked extremely hard, were careful and conscientious and went 'the extra mile' to leave the ground as level and tidy as possible.  We were all worried about a stone getting thrown out and going through the greenhouse, hence the tarp, but in the event nothing untoward happened.  If only everything in the garden went as smoothly.

A quick before and after:






And some 'during':













Daisy did not like the noise and kept well back; she positioned herself as far away as possible whilst still being able to see me moving around near the shed.







6 comments:

  1. All you need is someone with the right equipment for the job don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right Sue. Although the machine is a bit of a 'beast' and tries to walk away from the operator, it chewed through those stumps like they were almost not there!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And good riddance, didn't realise how much they were in the way until they weren't :-)

      Delete
  3. I recently found your blog and have enjoyed, very much, reading through your adventures of the past few years. I have to say, it takes extraordinary vision to come as far as you have! While the weather and the crops and the creatures here in California are quite different to yours, I think we are kindred spirits: Always looking to see who's visiting the garden; always looking toward the next project. Cheers! Elizabeth at www.poppycornersfarm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, thank you and hello. I don't know about having vision (but it sounds great so please say it again!), but having popped over to your blog then I think there is definitely some kindred-spiritedness. When I have a little time to myself I shall definitely be visiting around at Poppy Corners.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}