Sunday, 1 February 2015

Road to recovery

With Management at home to do the driving Daisy and I could finally get out for a proper walk.  Although I really wanted to go somewhere with snow, M. suggested I stick to a smooth, flat path so both yesterday and today we went to Allonby and walked along the coastal path that has been created in the last couple of years.



Freezing cold, a bit windy, surprisingly few people, lovely views across the Solway to a snow-clad Criffel and a chance for Daisy to run around and do lots of sniffing.  It was great to be out again.



Twenty years ago I bought two superb books by Robin McKenzie which are still considered to be definitive works in the treatment of back and neck pain.  I've been following the exercises and guidance and my back problem is a lot better than it was, but there is still a long way to go.  Unfortunately I have to go out tomorrow which may well result in a bit of a relapse, but fingers crossed I can keep on top of things.








6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling a little better and do hope you don't have a relapse, so that you can get on with enjoying the things you love. Our weather at the moment doesn't feel much warmer than yours as when I rang my grandaughter yesterday at 11am, it was only 12deg and then when we went for a walk after lunch, it was overcast, a biting wind and then it started to drizzle. It is supposed to be summer and although I don't like the heat, it is nice to see a bit of sun and warmth in these months.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I don't think I could take the heat you regularly get 'down under'. It was about 4 degrees at the beach this morning but wind chill brought that right down, and this evening we've got quite a sharp frost. Take care yourself :}

      Delete
  2. Several years ago my orthopedist friend recommended some McKenzie moves to help with some sciatic pain which came on suddenly. Worked wonders. Glad you got out of the house for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have also benefited from the McKenzie exercises.

      Delete
  3. Glad that you have improved and hope that you don't suffer a setback today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that Sue. Management has already given me a "talking to" about going out today but he also recognises it is something I have to do (relates to the bereavement).

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}