Sunday, 8 February 2015

Changeable weather

Like nearly everyone else suffering from this nasty bug, I spent much of Saturday and Sunday flat out on the sofa, the wood-burner burning away, covered by a patchwork quilt, and I was still freezing cold and physically shaking.  The misery was compounded by looking out of the window.

Here's an early morning example of how the weather changed over and over during the day.

Saturday - 8.27am



8.45am.  That's not a smudge on the lens but a huge bank of cloud rolling in.



This happened three or four times over the weekend and when the cloud descended we could barely see to the bottom of the driveway but looking up there was a thinness to the gloom, a faint light.  That means only one thing - a cloud inversion.

Looking around at walking blogs there were plenty of folk fit enough to get out and enjoy the spectacle.  The last time Management and I had the wonderful experience of walking above a proper inversion was in February 2008.  Ruddy heck - didn't realise it was THAT long ago - note to self - next time conditions look promising (and I'm not laid up), "must try harder"!




6 comments:

  1. Spectacular! Hope you're on the mend. Lousy day forecast for tomorrow too. Get thee back under that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, heading towards the endless coughing stage now, how lovely :}

      Delete
  2. Glad you are so much better now Jayne ,,, I think this is the last blog I had to catch up with but I can see no sign of mole traps. I don't know where to look so could you point me in the right direction please. I looked on Amazon but there were so many different ones to choose from I didn't know which to get. We do have a couple already but we never catch anything. I told David about the human scent on them and he said he knew already and used gloves ,,, I listened with a pinch of salt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I've just emailed you with the mole trap info, it was from the blog in July last year

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jayne ,,, will have a look later. Been to Beverley this morning, I was wrong! Winter is still here!! Snow, sleet, rain and a bitterly cold wind. The sun is shining at the moment pretending to be warm out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry Jill, missed replying to your comment. You're right, still cold and we've also had some bitter winds the few days. I can recommend the inside of the greenhouse!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}