Friday, 16 January 2015

Semi-AWOL

It's been a strange sort of week.  LP was here on Wednesday and Thursday despite a dire weather forecast and got a lot done.  We were promised (and received) very strong winds but the rain hasn't been as bad as expected and there was no snow until this morning.  What little we did get was gone by lunchtime although it's definitely getting colder.

LP moved all the assorted surplus paving slabs that were dotted around the garden and made temporary paths for me so I can get to the log store and fruit cage without slipping on the mud.  He then set to with his latest new toy and pressure washed the black deck by the big pond, and all the slabs and patio areas which were getting very green and slippery.  I've got some photos which I will add to this post when I can be bothered to go to the iMac :}









A chunk of my week was taken up with supporting someone very close to me as she learned of the death of someone special.  When I haven't been on the phone and researching a few things online I've been a bit too worn out to do much else, but I'm fine, Management is fine, and Daisy is absolutely splendid!




8 comments:

  1. Your week does sound rather mixed and the lousy weather never helps, though when you think about it we are actually half way through winter. That doesn't sound right as we are the other way round and it should be summer, but you know what I mean. Take it easy over the weekend and let M take care of you. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, you're right that this week has been very mixed. I've had a quiet day today with M working at home.

      Delete
  2. Those before and after pressure washing pictures are interesting. I'll have to think about getting our drive and paths done I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the dirt build up is so slow, we never realised just how bad all the slabs had got. It wasn't until I nearly slipped over a couple of times at Christmas that I knew we had to sort them out.

      Delete
  3. Such are the things a week can offer - a microcosm of life, I suppose. Glad to see you getting so much work done, despite the weather. My condolences to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kindness Jayne, and yes, a week can contain many things :{

      Delete
  4. Your winters are soooo much different from mine. Still snow and ice here, frigid temps. I power-wash my walks and deck in spring - when it's warm. Everything looking good there at bag end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, our winters are different from ours too! One year might be freezing, the next might be wet. This one's been quite mild so far.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}