Monday, 26 January 2015

A lovely start to the week

I don't often start from Fangs Brow because there is usually livestock in the fields beneath the fell wall.  Today was no exception but thankfully the cattle in the first field were grazing quietly some distance away from the path and paid us no attention and the horses in the second field just wandered off as we approached.  We kept to a very relaxing 2½ mile stroll although it would have been easy to go a lot further, the path is gentle and even on a cloudy day the views are outstanding, but today the brisk and extremely cold wind won out over extending the distance.








Daisy's looking down at Holme Wood, where we often walk in the summer.



Zooming further than is fair to a compact camera on a cloudy day, you can just make out the boathouse on Crummock Water, another regular haunt.











8 comments:

  1. Cattle can turn a bit feisty where dogs are concerned can't they? Love the sixth photo of Daisy - she seems to know how photogenic she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite right and normally I won't go in a field with cattle, but these girls were quite a way away from us, there were no calves and they were grazing quietly.

      We're working on Daisy's skills as a photographic model . . .

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous place to go for a walk whatever the season - I admire your stamina and the lovely coat that Daisy is wearing - she is a fine looking dog who is obviously enjoying herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite right Elaine, this is a lovely little walk at any time.

      Delete
  3. Great photos, even on an overcast day. Thanks for taking us on the walk and I also found I've had a great start to the week, after chatting to a very good friend via Skype. What an experience. Hope the rest of your week goes well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology, huh? Where would we be without it these days :}

      Delete
  4. What a darling Daisy is. I was sorry to read she had an incident with another dog recently. A carzy black lab attacked our little pack of whippets not so long ago and now they freak out every time they see one, which fortunately isn't too often here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annie, I am so sorry to hear this, I do hope your pups are going to be OK. Daisy is now cautious around any other dog so I understand yours being concerned. It's damn difficult, isn't it, to try to comfort them without inadvertently reinforcing their behaviour? I ignore the other dog (as much as possible) and just try to distract her. I also now take a stick (walking pole) with me on all walks, even the short, low level local ones. I'm sorry to say if I ever have to use it to defend Daisy then I will . . .

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}