Sunday, 14 December 2014

Today I have been mostly . . .

Moving furniture.

Management's study needed a complete reorganisation and overhaul and somewhere in the planning he offered to swap bookcases with me.  He got three Ikea Billy's and in return I acquired three much bigger, heavier units which I've coveted ever since we bought them!  That was the easy bit, getting them into my sewing room wasn't easy and by the time we'd finished both of us ached, were tired and had muscles complaining about mean and unreasonable treatment.   But oh, was it worth it!!







And because Hazel has waited years for this . . .  here's another picture of (most of) the stash!  I know fabric should be stored in dark cupboards where it cannot get light damaged or dusty.  I also know that if I can't see the fabric then I'm not inspired to use it, and in this house, once fabric has been made into a quilt then a bit of light and a bit of dust are the least of its problems :}




Daisy spent much of the day in her 'sewing room bed' under the table and was not particularly impressed with all the moving stuff around.






16 comments:

  1. That certainly looks impressive and hope the Billy bookcases work OK for management and are not too lightweight. Do we all now have to take photos of our stash?(giggle). Now are we going to see lots of sewing through the cold and dark months? My design wall has been a bit of a disaster and should have taken more notice of yours when you showed me. I'll work on it a bit more. Thanks for the photos and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I do hope we'll see much more sewing during the winter ...

      Delete
  2. You could open a haberdashery with that lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, think I would rather keep it and make quilts for us :}

      Delete
  3. I was just going to ask Jayne if she was opening a shop Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never turn a hobby into a business . . . guess how I know that :}

      Delete
  4. Never mind a shop, I think she should give it all away - to her bestest ever quilty UK friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you remember, Missus, when you visit I can be quite 'generous'. Aim your car up the A1(M)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. ROFLMAO!!!!

      Also, see comment above to Sue but in your case, car and M6 . . .

      Delete
  6. Not only am I totally jealous of all that space, I wishing could fold my fabric so neatly! I agree..it must be out. I have tons stashed in bins, and I never know where it is when I want it, so end up buying more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In truth Lynda, it is not nearly as tidy as the photo would imply, whoever said the camera does not lie was fibbing!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yeah, but still not up to the standards of your Private Kingdom (which I continue to envy - a lot!)

      Delete
  8. Nice that you've got a little room for more. Although not much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, the photo does not really convey just how much is there. And if I lived another 40 years and sewed every week I would have trouble using up all of it. There are no plans to buy more.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}