Monday, 10 November 2014

Sale Fell

It was only a three mile round trip but Daisy and I had a great little walk this morning.  Despite BBC Countryfile threatening us with a dire weather forecast for the entire week, this morning was bright and sunny with that "somewhere between Autumn and Winter" chill to the air that makes a morning on the fells quite fabulous.

We haven't done the full Sale Fell round for ages so it was encouraging to see that my lungs and legs were in rather better shape than I expected.  Absolutely nothing wrong with Daisy's breathing and bouncing apparatus - she charged around having a wonderful time and even remembered to demand her 'summit snack' on both Sale top and Lothwaite.  It's definitely a 'dog's life' :)













10 comments:

  1. I'm loving the photos once again and think you've turned a corner with being able to get out and about more without that nagging pain. Hubby and I did the whole walk around Lake Wendouree on Sunday which is approx. 6kms, but I will admit that it is flat. Not many hilly bits near here. Have a lovely week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, glad you approve of the photos, and hope some of the locations look familiar :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely weather - lovely views. Surprised you aren't purple in the face when you get to the top - hope you have a 'summit snack' for you as well as for Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Jayne. What a glorious day. I'm sure Daisy's ears are getting bigger :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, it was a beautiful morning, more so for being unexpected

      Delete
  4. Lovely views and since when did a dog forget the time for a snack? Tivvy has had tummy troubles and so has been on a chicken and rice diet and is not a happy bunny. Lots of disgusted looks that say chicken again! Especially at the weekend when the customary dig treat was a small piece of chicken. Total incomprehension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tivvy has not been well. We found with Ollie that the 'conventional' chicken and rice went straight through him, and Daisy does not do well on chicken either.

      I don't believe that dogs were designed to digest rice, cereals or much of the cheap filler that forms the predominate ingredient in most commercial dog foods. Daisy gets 'ancestral diet' foods (80% meat, 20% vegetables) and doesn't seem to be doing too badly on them. Can recommend Acana, Orijen and Eden.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks John, we think they're pretty amazing too. Long-Eared Bat meets Yoda meets Dobby the House Elf, and they're very expressive - I can read her mood very accurately from what the ears are doing :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}