Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Coppice clear-up

Looks like the whinging worked:}   We've had a couple of bright days, although it's still a quagmire underfoot and rained really hard again last night.  LP has been able to get two (not-quite full) days work and I've managed a couple of hours in the Coppice.  Tucked away at the top of the garden it is an area that is easy to forget/overlook during the summer but as a Spring Garden I wanted to do the autumn clear-up here first.  If growth elsewhere is anything to go by it won't be long before the first signs of snowdrops pop their heads out of the soil.

Before:



After:






I don't think the photos really show much difference but it's there.  Still want to put some compost/mulch down but no immediate hurry for that.






4 comments:

  1. Still the odd wasp about then. Is is my or is that mahonia flowering early? I always think of them in flower over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too Hazel, but am not complaining. Any flowers are welcome at this time of year.

      Delete
  2. That mahonia is much further in than ours,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sue, but in the absence of much else, I'll take it :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}