Sunday, 9 November 2014

Cenotaph duty

He survived, but apparently it took another eight hours to regain the feeling in all of his fingers. No-one in M's unit fainted, or fell over (ceremonial boots are damn slippery) and no-one dropped a rifle.



You try standing still for 2 hours 45 minutes, especially when you're positioned immediately to the left of where The Queen comes out of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

I'm told "their Chief got various messages after the Lord Mayor's Show yesterday from various past and present naval bods to say they looked and acted very professionally".  Aww .... bless :)

2 comments:

  1. Not easy for them but fantastic to see. You must feel very proud :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learnt a lot in the last couple of weeks about how much work goes into these occasions and how physically hard it can be. And yes, Big Time proud :)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}