Sunday, 28 September 2014

Ssshhh . . .

I had better whisper this quietly, but there is something unusual going on at Bag End!



Not sure why, perhaps it's the Autumn Equinox, but for some reason I am just not in the mood to do anything in the garden, nor go and play with (not) Herbie.  On a couple of afternoons this week I found myself in the sewing room with the inspiration to tackle a basket of scraps which has been sitting around for YEARS.  So many years, in fact, that when this quilt was made for its owner she was a young girl.  She is now a beautiful young woman starting out on her final year of a Law degree . . . and the photo archive tells me the leftovers have been 'maturing' since February 2003!  Only just over a decade then :}





Now to mess around rearranging the blocks before I sew them together.  Or perhaps I'll have a sandwich and a cuppa first - bit early for lunch but Management is always telling me "if you're thinking about eating it's probably because you need to".


5 comments:

  1. Both the original quilt and the leftovers look great. But this isn't the random top you told me about the other day is it? What's happening up there? Don't tell me, I know, you're working on building up a pile of UFOs so Daisy can chose which she'd like as her next quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you m'lovely - and (as always) you are quite right, this is not the little random top I told you about ... oops, forgot about it! Will add it to my next post.

      And no, I am not working on a pile of UFOs for Daisy ... I've already got more than enough waiting to be quilted and Her Ladyship already has more than she knows what to do with :}

      Delete
  2. Lovely, dear girl, lovely. I feel the same way. If you're thinking about it, means its time to do it. I'm down here in my studio thinking about sewing today. Need to stop thinking and DO it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sometimes, just "thinking" enough .... the brain cogitates, you turn an idea this way and that, pull some fabric, put it back, and sometimes that is as creative as you need to be :}

      Delete
  3. Wow, sewing again. Maybe the new design wall was inspiration in itself. Doing lots of different things always helps I think. Just when we get going on something, it sparks another. I love sewing, gardening, cooking, walking, taking photos, blogging and the list goes on, so I'm sure variety is the spice of life. Take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}