Sunday, 20 July 2014

Plant supports

I know Monty Don claims that his wife Sarah 'designed' these plant supports but I'm sure I saw them somewhere else before he featured them on Gardeners' World a couple of years ago.

LP cut lengths of rebar for me (25th June - the materials for the metal fence are here too).



Bending them was fairly easy and they work really well propping up large perennials.  One day, I might even be organised enough/have time (hollow laugh) to settle down in autumn or winter and paint them all with Hammerite.













It has its critics, but I like Crocosmia 'Lucifer'



No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}