Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Bag End through the year: Greenhouse/Nursery

May 2014:  Completely out of control just doesn't begin to describe it.  Everywhere is overflowing with plants to go in the ground, be potted on, or just to stay where they are until they've grown up a little bit.

Is there is a 12-Step-Programme for people with an inability to stop propagating plants or sowing seeds?

I wish I hadn't made a list at the weekend;  I got to 450 and realised that's an awful lot of pots to wash when they are empty.  The number doesn't include the tomatoes, cucumber et al which will stay in the greenhouse ... what the hell, I am enjoying myself.











2 comments:

  1. I do exactly the same - I can't stop propagating pants / planting seedlings LOL Loads of tomatoes growing, but the tomatoes are all staying green...

    Love the woodpile pic - too gorgeous :) We couldn't do that here - the snakes in the woodpile are too great a threat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani, I'm glad I am not the only one with a compulsion to grow things :}

      Snakes? Shudder .... we are very fortunate that England doesn't have particularly aggressive wildlife. I knew someone who moved to Alaska and had to carry a gun everywhere because of bears where she lived.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}