Sunday, 11 May 2014

An afternoon with the angle grinder

The next installment in 2014's big project :-)

At the front of the house, above the garages, is a small balcony.  It has always been completely useless.  Too small for a table, barely wide enough to sit comfortably without your knees hitting the railing and accessed only from my study.  But, with a bit of modification it could become a very useful and usable component of our current renovations.

The modification involved an angle grinder and removing the end of the railings leaving a four foot drop onto the ground which would cause any self-respecting Health and Safety fanatic to have a conniption fit. 







There followed a brief exchange where I explained to Management that encouraging Daisy to jump up and down was, maybe, not the best use of his time . . .



Now, doesn't that look better . . .









(finally published on 1st April 2015 . . . !)










No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}