Sunday, 20 April 2014

Easter

An absolutely lovely Bank Holiday.  Management is on holiday, the sun is shining (even if it can be a bit nippy in the wind) and my shoulders - whilst not pain free - are mostly under control so I'm sleeping better.

Friday:  We started the weekend with a favourite walk, Holme Wood at Loweswater.  Clear blue sky, bird song, very few people, wood sorrel in flower, bliss :}







In the afternoon Management helped assemble a small 'greenhouse' from Aldi, I'm going to grow cucumbers in it this summer. It might work, it might get blown down. I won't know if I don't try.







Saturday: In between playing with Daisy and whatever other chores couldn't be avoided I made staging to fit inside the mini greenhouse/cold frame which LP gave us. Thankfully there are no pictures of my limboing out of the damn thing which was neither elegant or comfortable. That staging ain't going anywhere .... and had to be constructed inside the cold frame which is only 60cm deep. I still haven't finished the shelves properly but it still took all day which is three times as long as I wanted it too. Worryingly, it's already nearly full ....





Sunday: A piddling around sort of day. Potting up various propagation experiments which is what have nearly filled the cold frame.

For the first time ever I seem to have managed succession sewing and we have been eating home-grown baby salad leaves for the last couple of weeks :}





8 comments:

  1. Wow, you've certainly been busy. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall, seeing your antics getting in and out of the mini greenhouse. Hope you didn't hurt your shoulder doing it. Succession planting for the lettuce is great, especially with summer coming on. Enjoy the rest of Easter and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I used to be pretty good at 'Twister' - I always knew that was a life skill which would come in handy later on! Happy Easter to you too.

      Delete
  2. Is "succession sEwing" a Freudian slip? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh b*gger, well spotted!

      Succession sEwing is probably making one quilt top after another . . . hmmm, I do that too, sometimes :}

      Delete
  3. That staging is a great idea. As is using a small greenhouse as a 'cold frame'. Beats all the bending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know Jessica, there's still plenty of messing around to get to the ends of the shelves :}

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see your quilt made from all those baby salad leaves you've been sewing!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}